Driving audiences is a key task for any internet TV channel operator. The best way to do this is by syndicating the service to search engines and portals. Here's a list of the various places you can submit to:
Register here http://developer.searchvideo.com/DirectorAccountsOverview.php
Truveo (part of AOL)
See the guide here http://developer.truveo.com/DirectorDocumentation.php
There’s a guide on how to submit to iTunes here http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/podcaststechspecs.html
Submit your feed here http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/submit and http://publisher.yahoo.com/rss_guide/submit.php
You need to publish your rss file online where the Google bots can index it, from there use traditional SEO techniques.
Go to http://www.blinkx.com/rssupload and cut and paste your URL (please note that they require a direct link to your content or playlist - I regard this as both a security and commercial risk and would encourage you not to use this search engine).
Has a manual process at http://dabble.com/feedback?subject=Add%20My%20Feed
In beta – contact them via http://www.cast.tv/
Submit your feed here http://www.planetclick.com/index.php?module=rss&action=rss_submit
Submit your feed here http://www.monetizemedia.us/VeZoom/myVezoom.aspx
Search for Video
Submit your feed here http://www.searchforvideo.com/misc/submit.php
Miro (formerly Democracy)
Register here https://www.miroguide.com/accounts/login?next=channels/submit
Register here http://dev.videobomb.com/login/register?return_url=%2F
Submit your feed here http://www.mefeedia.com/add.php
Submit your feed here http://search.grindtv.com/submitVideo.php
Submit feed here http://www.videocasting-station.com/submitrss.php
Register here http://getfireant.com/users/addChannel
Go to http://www.clipblast.com/ and click on 'index your video' on the right hand navigation bar.
Submit here http://search.grindtv.com/submitVideo.php
Submit URL here http://www.exalead.co.uk/search/submitYourSitePage
Submit feed here http://www.everyzing.com/signUp.jsp
Submit your feed here http://vlogdir.com/suggest.php?action=addlink
Participatory Culture (My Yahoo)
Register here http://publisher.yahoo.com/rss_guide/submit.php
Is an excellent way of submitting your feed automatically at http://www.feedburner.com/.
There are loads of non-video RSS feeds. You can find a good rundown of them here http://www.masternewmedia.org/rss/top55/ and here http://www.rss-specifications.com/rss-submission.htm
You might also want to submit to podcast sites http://www.podcasting-tools.com/submit-podcasts.htm
Most important of all, make sure that you have a clear link to your RSS feed on your Player, incorporating the standard RSS logo:
Easiest thing to do is to simply add a link. I'm working on a app that will embed a player.
To get viewers to add an RSS feed on Blogger you need to present them with the following instructions:
1. The first thing to do before actually setting up the RSS Feed on Blogger is to copy the address of the RSS feed.
2. Then, log into the Blogger account. If you are already logged in, click Customize in the top right corner.
3. The page that appears is the Dashboard. If you only have one blog, click on Layout for the blog listed. If you have several blogs, find the one you want to add the RSS feed to, and click Layout.
4. After Layout is clicked, the "Edit Layout" page will appear with different options of modules and items that can be included on the blog. This is where you can "Add and Arrange Page Elements" on your blog.
5. Somewhere near the top of the layout will be a box with a frame of broken lines. The other page elements are framed by solid lines. In the box with broken lines it reads "Add a Page Element." Click on that box.
6. The "Choose New Page Element" Box will appear. In order to add an RSS Feed to the blog on blogger, you must pick the right box, or it may not always feed properly. Blogger makes it easy to select the right box Click on "Feed." The Feed box reads "Add content from a site feed to your blog." Click on "Add to Blog."
7. Go to the page which has the RSS feed. Copy it. Paste it into the "Configure Feed" box that appears. Click continue. A message will appear that Blogger is retrieving the feed.
8. Once the feed is retrieved by blogger, customize it:a. Create a title for the feed.b. Choose to show between 1 and 5 items.c. Click in the box to include item dates (optional).d. Click in the box to include sources and authors (optional).You're almost done. Now click "Save Changes."
9. The "Edit Layout" from step 4 will reappear. Click and drag the RSS feed box to a new place on the page, or leave it where it is.Click View Blog, to see the RSS feed. Now the RSS feed of your content is on your blog at blogger.