However, the standard of debate in the conference was very high and there seems to be a consensus developing on how the next five years will evolve:
- an increasingly wired marketplace with technologies such as WiFi making a real impact resulting in an 'always on' world.
- streaming will overtake downloads as the main form of consumption
- on demand will overtake scheduled content (although I personally disagree with this)
- hybrid devices are set to become the norm
- PCs are set to become very small - 'ultra portable', so they can be carried around and will link to screens and keyboards via bluetooth or WiFi
- there will be a place for both short form and long form content