Our Sentinel systems (top 16 pirate sites) monitored the viewing figures for 4 Premier League fixtures over the weekend past;
1. Liverpool v West Brom (3pm) - pirates used NBC feed
2. Aston Villa v Man City (Sky game)
3. Everton v Man U (BT Sport game)
4. Chelsea v Arsenal (Sky game)
In advance of the games pirate site Frombar was seized but re-directly activity via alternate URL's.
The figures were for worldwide viewing which @40% is in the UK
1. Liverpool v West Brom: 120,000 unique visitors
2. Aston Villa v Man City (Sky game) ; 72,000 unique visitors
3. Everton v Man U (BT Sport game) ; 240,000 unique visitors
4. Chelsea v Arsenal (Sky game) ; 505,000 unique visitors
It appears that the pirate audience are not simply accessing games they cannot view elsewhere but are choosing to access free content. This explains the high figures for Chelsea v Arsenal compared to the 3pm game not available on UK television Liverpool v West Brom.
For further information please contact email@example.com.
We will be analysing some mid-week Premier League fixtures and also NFL activity shortly.